Today, the U.S. Treasury Department, the Federal Reserve and FDIC jointly announced the Legacy Securities Public-Private Investment Program ("PPIP").
Joint Statement by Secretary of the Treasury Timothy F. Geithner, Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System Ben S. Bernanke, and Chairman of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Sheila Bair
The Treasury Department has pre-qualified 9 firms to be the fund managers:
- AllianceBernstein, LP and its sub-advisors Greenfield Partners, LLC and Rialto Capital Management, LLC;
- Angelo, Gordon & Co., L.P. and GE Capital Real Estate;
- BlackRock, Inc.;
- Invesco Ltd.;
- Marathon Asset Management, L.P.;
- Oaktree Capital Management, L.P.;
- RLJ Western Asset Management, LP.;
- The TCW Group, Inc.; and
- Wellington Management Company, LLP.
These firms in turn have formed partnerships with 10 leading small-, veteran-,
minority-, and women-owned financial services businesses:
- Advent Capital Management, LLC;
- Altura Capital Group LLC;
- Arctic Slope Regional Corporation;
- Atlanta Life Financial Group, through its subsidiary Jackson Securities LLC;
- Blaylock Robert Van, L.L.C.;
- CastleOak Securities, LP;
- Muriel Siebert & Co., Inc.;
- Park Madison Partners LLC;
- The Williams Capital Group, L.P.; and
- Utendahl Capital Management.